**On March 16th 2020, the Governor of California issued a "shelter at home" order, effectively shutting down all non-essential businesses throughout the state to combat the spread of the COVID-19. Oaksterdam University is complying with this directive and canceling all future on-campus classes and tours. Our new mailing address is 3630 High Street #19271 Oakland, CA 94619 **
We are located Uptown Oakland and parking can be a challenge. Here are some of your best options:
1. BART. Our school is literally next to the entrance to the 19th Street Bart Station. If BART is a feasible option for you, it is your best option.
2. 1800 San Pablo Parking Lot. This Parking lot is one block away from campus and offers 24hr service. The daily rate is $4 per hour.
3. Franklin Plaza Parking. Located at the corner of 19th St and Franklin St, this garage is 2 blocks from campus. The cost is $1 for every 20 minutes, with a maximum rate of $24, but if you arrive before 9:30 am, it's $15 per day.
4. Franklin Plaza Garage. Located on 19th St, a couple of blocks from the school. The cost is $1 for every 20 minutes, with a maximum rate of $24, but if you arrive before 9:30 am, it's $15 per day.
5. Street Parking. It is possible to find metered street parking in Oakland. The average cost is $2 per hour, with the biggest challenge being that you need to make sure your meter doesn't run out. We recommend using the ParkMobile App, so you can add money to your meter without having to leave the classroom.