Welcome to the Oaksterdam Community, your place to connect with your peers to learn, share, and collaborate. We’re excited that you’re here - we all benefit from a healthy, vibrant community, and we value your contributions.
“Community” refers to any place on the Oaksterdam Help Center where you can post and interact with other posts. This includes all of the public, student, and alumni communities, and the comments sections in the knowledge articles.
Please read through these guidelines before posting or commenting; all users are expected to be familiar with them and will be held accountable for following them. These guidelines are in addition to the Student Code of Conduct and Oaksterdam Terms and Conditions.
Community Code of Conduct
We support an open and friendly environment in our community. To maintain that environment, we ask you to be respectful of one another and Oaksterdam University, act with good intentions, and use good judgment, and assume that others are doing the same. You are responsible for your own actions while participating in this community.
Here are some things to remember in the community:
- Be respectful, friendly, and sincere
- Use appropriate tone and language - be nice, don't use foul or inappropriate language
- Encourage others, especially new students
- Share what you know
- Ask for help and help others
- Provide constructive, helpful answers and feedback
- Give enough detail, including screenshots and links if needed
- Read through the “how to post” directions and follow them
- Relax and have fun!
Here are some things we do not permit in the community:
- Do not post or link to information that is deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, harassing or hateful;
- Do not post or link to offensive or inappropriate content or content intended to be inflammatory;
- Do not post or link to content that promotes or encourages illegal activities, sexual services or products, or pornography;
- Do not request or offer to obtain, provide, exchange, purchase, or sale, cannabis product. This site is for the exchange of information and ideas, any violators of this policy may be permanently banned from participation.
- Do not post or link to viruses, bots, worms, trojan horses or other malicious software, or utilize the community to post, link to, generate, distribute or promote any kind of spam;
- Do not post or link to content that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trademark, publicity, moral and other property or proprietary rights) or which you do not have the right to post or link to. You may link to other community content or publicly available Zendesk documentation if appropriately attributed and relevant.
- Do not post or link to content that violates any person’s privacy rights;
- Do not post identifying information about your or anyone else’s grow operation. The Oaksterdam community needs to be treated with the care and discretion of a public space.
- Do not post on behalf of other users without their express permission;
- Do not post or link to confidential information of Oaksterdam University, its students, faculty, staff, affiliates or vendors or any third party;
- Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity or affiliation or falsely imply any association or sponsorship by Oaksterdam University;
- Do not solicit community members for any commercial purpose. Do not solicit community members to interact with you outside of the community to obtain support.
- Do not spam the community with advertisements or self-promotion. Official Oaksterdam representatives may recommend a product in the community or a relevant community discussion where it provides a solution to a student's question.. Promotions of products or businesses solutions that are not posted by an Oaksterdam representative will be removed and posters may be prevented from making further posts.
- Do not solicit community members for their personal or contact information for any reason.
- Do not post or link to content that disparages Oaksterdam Universities, its vendors, partners, or affiliates;
- For your own safety, do not post your contact information or email address in the community. This is a publicly visible forum. If you need users to be able to reach you, please direct them to a Google or other form to fill out to provide their information.
- Do not provide inaccurate answers to questions; if you don't know the answer, it's better not to comment. If you are stating your opinion, to qualify your statements as opinions.
We reserve the right to immediately remove any posts that do not conform to our Community Code of Conduct, without warning. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates these Community Code of Conduct.
To report behavior or content that violates or is inconsistent with these Community Code of Conduct, please contact us at email@example.com.
Post is closed for comments.